CLINIC REOPENING WEDNESDAY 3RD JUNE 2020
We can confirm that we plan to reopen the clinic on Wednesday 3rd June 2020 at 10am with special procedures. Please see below for details.
Return To Work
As a result of the British Government’s advice on the return to work strategy, the British Chiropractic Association (BCA) has now advised its members, that if a patient cannot be adequately consulted via Telehealth, we may resume Face To Face Consultations for URGENT CASES only. The definition of urgent care is that it should be patient centred and the need for it discussed and agreed between each individual patient and the chiropractor. This will be assessed by a ‘screening’ telephone call to ensure we keep you all safe.
We have therefore adopted a risk based approach towards Face to Face consultations. Please feel reassured that we have updated some of our policies to ensure we take car of both for patients and staff in the current situation. We will continue to monitoring implement advice and guidance from the UK Government, Public Health England (PHE) and our professional bodies.
For us to operate as normal and provide a safe environment for our staff and patients, it is now a requirement that you read and complete our COVID 19 POLICY. This will be sent to you by email on our booking system prior to your appointment. If you require assistance once you have completed this form, then please let us know.
Before you arrive:
- Leave jewellery and belts. and arrive in clothes comfortable and ready for treatment. We would rather you didn’t get change in the clinic but come ready.
- Consider wearing loose clothing or gym kit, preferably, as no gowns will be available.
- Please wash your hands prior to leaving for your appointment.
On arrival the practice, please adhere to the following instructions:
- Based on government guidelines, we would recommend that you wear your own face covering.
- Please leave enough time for your appointment. If you are late you may miss your appointment have to reschedule.
- When you arrive, please stay in your car, and I will come and collect you or call you to let you know we are ready for you.
- Please do not walk up the drive and knock on the door, as it will be locked with a key in the lock, complaint with Fire Regulations.
- We request that visitors sanitise their hands, using the hand sanitiser provided on entering the building.
- Please attend your appointment on your own, unless you are under 16 years old.
- Please note that we will be taking card payments to prevent handling of cash.
- Please leave the clinic immediately and as quickly as possible after your appointment.
- Please do not place personal belongings (wallets, keys, mobile phones) on any clinic surface. We ask that you either don’t bring them into the clinic or you do not take them out of your pockets.
- Receipts will have to be emailed or posted and cannot be printed at the appointment.
We have implemented the following measures:
- There will be no receptionist present only the chiropractor, who will have only one patient in at a time. As a result there is currently no chair in the waiting area.
- We have provided soap, hand sanitiser and tissues for your use in the reception area and treatment room.
- The clinic will be sanitised before and after each patient visit- including the chiropractic table, all work surfaces, chairs, door handles and the card payment machine.
- We will be wearing PPE as required by Public Health England and the British Chiropractic Association.
- We are keeping windows open for fresh air flow.
- If you are having a regular treatment, then your appointment will last a maximum of 30 minutes.
- If you are a new patient, then your appointment time will last a maximum of 30 minutes. You will have already had your initial case history taken over the telephone or by Telehealth video consultation.
UNFORTUNATELY AT THIS TIME WE CANNOT SEE YOU IF YOU OR SOMEONE IN YOUR HOUSEHOLD/ UNDER YOUR CARE ARE IN A HIGHER RISK GROUP FOR COMPLICATIONS FROM THE VIRUS. High risk or extremely clinically vulnerable people are advised to shield. More information on what dictates an extremely vulnerable person can be found by clicking here.
IF YOU OR ANY OF YOUR HOUSEHOLD/UNDER YOUR CARE ARE SELF ISOLATING, OR DEVELOP ANY OF THE FOLLOWING SYMPTOMS AFTER MAKING THE APPOINTMENT:
- LOSS OF TASTE OR SENSE OF SMELL
- SHORTNESS OF BREATH
- FLU LIKE SYMPTOMS
- Or any other symptoms of COVID19, which can be found by clicking here, please cancel your appointment.